Friday, April 18, 2008

Jelly Belly Factory!

My friend Nina and I took a drive up to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield, CA last week because we needed a break from school and are both in love with Jelly Bellies (Bellys?). What a great tour! First we had lunch at their cafeteria, where we both had jelly bean-shaped hamburgers (how cute!).

The tour was fantastic--it's long and you really get to see a lot of the process. You get to wear funny paper hats but sadly you can't take pictures in the factory.

You also hear all about how much Ronald Reagan loved Jelly Bellies and how much Jelly Belly loves Ronald Reagan. They even have a picture of him made all out of jelly beans! Plus one of George Bush and the Pope. :) (Sadly they were inside the tour, where you weren't allowed to take pictures. I did get a shot of George Clooney though!)

Then, after that we got to try a few beans at the "tasting bar" and we both filled large bags full of jelly beans to take home. It was so exciting to be able to choose from all the different flavors they make! My favorite new (to me) ones were wild blackberry, pomegranate, and kiwi. And of course, I was happy to see some old favorites, orange juice, crushed pineapple, and peach. All in all, a really fun time...I would highly recommend it if you're in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment