Monday, January 27, 2014

Copy Cat: Candy Cane Bamboozled Milk Shake

Whoops, I've been gone for a long time!  Last week was the first week of the semester and it got a little crazy!  But, I do have an final 'copy cat' recipe, and this one might even be my favorite.  I made this fantastic milkshake over the holidays, and now I just need to find some clear creme de menthe in California to make some it again.  The recipe is based on a shake from Holsteins Shakes and Buns at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, where Tim and I had an awesome Oreo shake a year or two ago (clearly awesome, since we still remember it).  This shake is pretty rich, and pretty alcoholic, although you can't taste it -- it would be very easy to go overboard! I definitely recommend splitting this into 2-3 mini shakes, so you get the creamy peppermint flavor without making yourself sick.  :)



Candy Cane Bamboozled Milk Shake (adapted from Holsteins Shakes and Buns, via Honest Cooking)
Serves 1 (or split into 2-3 mini milkshakes)

3 scoops vanilla ice cream
3 T peppermint schnapps
2 T whole milk
1-1/2 T clear creme de menthe
3-4 drops red food coloring (if desired)
Whipped cream, to garnish, optional

1. Combine the ice cream, peppermint schnapps, whole milk, creme de menthe, and food coloring in a blender.  Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a glass and enjoy!  Serve with whipped cream if you like (I found it plenty rich without!)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun sounding shake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh speaking of peppermint, I just bought some cold fusion peppermint gelato today at whole foods. I've been telling everyone about it because it was SO GOOD!
    I adore peppermint & dairy combo's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, that looks insulin worthy!! Love these copy cat recipes Sara!

    ReplyDelete